Kelia Moniz Claims Back to Back ASP Women’s World Longboard Titles

 

Kelia Moniz (HAW) has won the Swatch Girls Pro China hosted by Wanning over Chelsea Williams (AUS) and by doing so, claimed her second consecutive ASP Women’s World Longboard Title. For the third year in a row this event has crowned the ASP Women’s World Longboard Champion, and also for the third year in a row the same two surfers have made the Final, with Williams winning in 2011, and Moniz taking it out last year.
Kelia Moniz at just 20-years-old has cemented her place in surfing history by becoming a two-time ASP Women’s World Longboard Champion. Moniz struggled early in the event, but came into form when it counted on Finals day using her trademark elegant style, power and flow to lock in some excellent scores and take the win. After the win Moniz was handed the same Hawaiian flag that current ASP Women’s World Champion Carissa Moore used to celebrate her win in Portugal earlier this year.
“It doesn’t fee real yet, it will sink it when I go home and celebrate with family and friends,” Moniz said. “I don’t feel like I was surfing my best at the start of the event, and I was a little shaken up going into the final because Chelsea (Williams) was getting 8-point-rides all event. Then I just pulled myself together, listened to some good music, said a prayer, went out there and tried to just stay on my board and it worked. Winning back-to-back ASP World Longboard Titles is unbelievable! I couldn’t be happier.”  Read More.....






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...